Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 1, 2008

Primitive Beginnings


Can I tell you how much I LOVE these primitive country-style stamps from the Rummage Bin at Cornish Heritage Farms!?! We have an old farm house that's decorated primitively, so I jumped on this set. Now I can even make my own home decor items! (Make sure you check back tomorrow to see something fun!)


I love the look of this background with the Primitive Beginnings set! I have a lot of antiques and this stamp mimics old paint cracking and chipping off of the pieces.


I stamped the background onto white card stock. Then, using a sponge, I added Ranger's Scattered Straw Distress ink to get the beautiful golden 'paint' color.


Nestabilites dies are PERFECT for making window cards. Now I'm never limited on the placement of my cut outs. LOVE THEM!!!


Stamps:
All from Cornish Heritage Farms
- House from Primitive Beginnings (the Rummage Bin Collection)
- Weathered Wood Background stamp
- sentiment from Classic Essential Expressions set by Mona Lisa Moments

Paper:
-black & white card stock
- red Prismatics card stock by Prism


Ink:
- Scattered Straw & Fired Brick Distress Ink by Ranger
- Noir Black Hybrid ink by Palette


Accessories:
- Copic markers
- black gingham ribbon from Pebbles Inc.
- black embroidery thread
- small corner punch by EK Success
- circle Nestabilities Dies by Spellbin
ders

3 comments :

  1. Hi there, I'm a first time visitor to your blog and I have to say Awesome musical selections! I am a HUGE Leigh Nash fan! My Idea of Heaven is one of my favorites from her, such a touching song!

    Love the card too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally cute way to use these stamps Julie!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea. The image is perfect for the item you put it on. You all were killing me with this set and I finally ordered it. Now I just have to sit and wait.

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover