First of all -- I need to give a HUGE shout-out to Gina K for allowing me to be her guest designer these past few days! She is the most giving, sweetest, & wonderful person ever!!! When I was reading her posts about me I could feel my heart welling up in my throat! (I don't know if that's the right figure of speech... but I seriously felt some butterflies or something!) How great is it to have such a stamping "icon" even know your name?!? Anyway.... it was really exciting! Thanks, Gina!!!
Secondly, I am SO excited to share with you that I was accepted onto the Craft Critique team!!! I will be one of their staff reporters starting in April and can't wait to share some new products with the crafting world! I've always loved to write... and you KNOW I like to get my craft on --- so I really feel like it's a match made in heaven! :) I've really been given some amazing opportunities lately and I'm really grateful and humbled by it all.
Now... onto this card:
I love these cute little apples found in Kim's "Lets Get Stuffed" set! What a great way to say Thank You to your child's teacher at the end of the year! The apples are paper pieced using Cosmo Cricket's new Honey Pie paper (purchased from Jacksonbelle's store). YUM! (need I say more?)
-(apple) Let's Get Stuffed by Kim Hughes for Cornish Heritage Farms
- (sentiment) Cute Curls by Kim Hughes for Cornish Heritage Farms
- Graphite Black Brilliance
- Espresso Adirondack by Ranger
- Birchtone Dark Prismatic CS by Prism
- Honey Pie paper pad by Cosmo Cricket
- small circle punch by EK Success
- small corner rounder by EK Success
- light brown marker (for stem)
- paper piecing
* Cut several small circles and adhere them behind your stamped panel to create scallops.
* To Paper Piece: Stamp each apple twice. (Once on patterned paper and once on white card stock.) Cut out images from patterned paper and adhere directly over image stamped on white.