Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 25, 2007

The Season of Romance

Mmmm! I just love this stamp by Rubber Romance! Did you know that these stamps now come in ATC size? I like the larger stamps too, but it kind of limits your design when the stamped image is as large as the whole card. You can find this stamp at Paper Pretties (now mounted and unmounted options are available too!) Just by color selection, I changed this non-specific stamp into a holiday stamp!

I participated recently in a Rubber Romance swap and this is the card I made for the group. Everything is very velvet-y! I stamped and colored the main image with Copics (markers and Spica glitter pens) and then added black Fun Flock to her hat and dress. If you've never used Fun Flock, you can imagine what it looks/feels like if you were around in the 80's. Remember those furry stickers that we use to collect in our sticker books? That's what the effect reminds me of.

I used a swirl set by Autumn leaves (stamping with a glue pad and then adding Fun Flock). The sentiment is by Papertrey Ink. The ribbon in the middle is black velvet (ooh so soft!). And.... even the poinsettia printed paper is embossed and has a velvet-like feel to it!

I feel SO behind already on my holiday projects! I need to make my list and check it twice! I plan on making a lot of home-made holiday gifts... so hopefully people will enjoy them as much as a purchased one. ???

5 comments :

  1. I LOVE the smaller RR images! I have several of the larger one and have yet to use them :C
    I love the flocked swirl too! Very lush and pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card - totally reminds me of my friend Emily and I when we go shopping together....we are on a mission!
    Quick question - how did you get that little scallop thing on your birthday card you posted on 11/16?
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card! I love the swirls, and fun image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER CUTE! Guess what stamp is going on MY Christmas list. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover