Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 29, 2007

The Life That is Waiting for Us

*Don't forget to sign up for my blog candy from my previous post!!!*

This is the 'sister card' from my earlier post. I wanted to try out this sketch, and I still had out all of my supplies. Shocker! :) Isn't this sentiment awesome?!? It's another quote from Rubber Soul. They have the best variety of sentiments that I've seen. I also wanted to finally try out my new Papertrey Ink set (Beautiful Blooms). I thought the Cosmo Cricket paper went so well with the floral stamps. If you look very closely, I also stamped smaller flowers onto the red panel with Versamark. It's very subtle, but gives a nice backdrop when you see it in person.

I wanted the large flower to look like a medallion, so I adhered it to a large metal tag and colored the edges with Copics. I also added some paper piercing around the edges.

My boys need to get in bed, so I've got to make this one short! More will be coming soon!!!

8 comments :

  1. very pretty - love the colors!! great quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smashing! I can hardly wait to get that blooms set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very beautiful, Julie!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, once I clicked on the card and it opened larger in a new window I could see how pretty those versamarked flowers are! Just last night I decided to ink up my Papertrey set too! Great minds DO think alike! And I did it in red also.

    Superb sentiment..I'll be needing some of those very soon. rubber Soul here comes my debit card!

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover