Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 5, 2007

Let it Rain!

Happy 4th everyone! It's been rainy here today, but hopefully we'll have a clear night for some fireworks and sparklers! Some of our family members from Seattle are here for the week and brought their weather with them. This card sketch is for a SCS Challenge. I took the sketch and turned it on it's side. It seemed to work better for me that way.

The cute little bug stamp is from C.C. Designs, called Bitzy Bugs Umbrelli. I stamped it on shimmery white CS and colored with ink from the lids of my stamp pads. I paper pieced the umbrella - (I added dimensionals to the bottom and glued down the top to make it look more realistic.) The little rain drops are from the same stamp company. I used a Sakura stardust pen to add glitter. The puddle was made by masking the boot and stamping a small "shaddow" (by CC Designs too!). Then I drew some splashes with Prismacolor pencils. I used stickles to make it all sparkley.

I made a scalloped edge with my slit punch and used the leftover scraps to make the blue area on the bottom of the card. I thought it mimicked the bottom of the umbrella! I punched some small holes with a teeny tiny hole punch.

The sentiment is by Papertrey Ink (Green Thumb set). I thought it was perfect for the card!

Paper: Daisy D's; Blue Bayou, Basic Black, Real Red, & Shimmery White Cardstock by Stampin' Up!
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black; Blue Bayou, Real Red, Soft Sky Classic Pads by Stampin' Up!

3 comments :

  1. What a sweet card! Love the image and the DP that you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card, and appropriate most of the time where I live in the Pacific NW! Thanks for sharing. Christine's images are very sweet.

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover