Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 22, 2007

Girl's Night Out

Ok... so I still haven't been able to stamp something new, but here is a card that I haven't posted yet. I made this for a Caardvark's challenge last week. The challenge was to use a clock on your card front. Yikes! I really wanted to finish all of the challenges for the week, so I went to Michaels and found a sticker pack that had several clocks, clock hands, etc. I knew I wanted to use my Crafty Secrets Tea & Coffee set again... so it started to come together.

I embossed the zig-zag circle (right lower corner) using my Cuttlebug and punched out the center. I thought it looked like a good match to a scrap of my Basic Grey Infuse paper. Then, I stamped and embossed my retro chick with black EP and colored her in with Prismacolors. Like always, I added a little glitz with my Sakura Stardust pen.

I needed a sentiment to tie it all together - but when I looked through my stacks of stamps, nothing seemed to work. So, I put together my Karen Foster Snap Stamps to say exactly what I wanted. (Love that!!!) I had a sticker from the set that said 'Timeless', so I just trimmed off the part of the word that I needed.

I used a piece of black velvet ribbon to hide the seam of where the two papers met -- and then gave it all a little distressing using my fingernail, a sponge, and a little ink.

I think it turned out pretty well! I always love a challenge!!!

5 comments :

  1. I love this card! A girls' night out is always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this card! Great colors, and a great theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vintage look of this, and the colors. Isn't it great to always have the perfect sentiment with those KF stamps? ;) Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Love this set and would love to see you do more cards with it!

    Donna
    http://rubystamper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover