Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 21, 2007

Simple is Sometimes Sweeter

I made this card in about 5 minutes! It's midnight and I had something in mind that I wanted to do... so I decided to stay up and put it down on paper. I've been trying to make a 'simple' card lately. It sounds easy, but I think creating with less is sometimes more challenging! I am always drawn to cards that look uncluttered and basic... when adding something more would take away from it's charm. But... most of the time, I find myself adding more and more.... One person I've found who is great at making simple and sweet cards is Julie Ebersole. Her blog, Paper Truffles, is full of great ideas!

This card is pretty self-explanatory. I used only 2 colors - Not Quite Navy & Cool Caribbean. The patterned paper is by Flair Designs (Hit the Beach collection). I'm glad I found a way to use it without making a 'beach' or 'water' scene. The stamps are from Papertrey Ink (Butterfly Kisses & Little Lady). I've been working on some new cards using the new Papertrey set... but I'm holding off posting them now. Maybe they'll get their debut as the Guest Star Stamper winner next month (crossing fingers!!!). :) I added a little sparkle to the butterfly with a Sakura Stardust glitter pen.

I'd love to hear what you think of my new blog! I've been working hard and staying up late -- trying to get it to where it needs to be. I love reading your comments!

8 comments :

  1. Great card. Love those simple ones

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a REALLY pretty card. And the simplicity is so easy on the eyes! Thanks for sharing the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do I think about your blog?! It ROCKS! It is quickly becoming a favorite. Your creations are wonderful and the descriptions are very helpful. The entry about your neighbor tells me you're a caring person. An inspiration in stamping and beyond. LorieR

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done an excellent job creating a simple card. So pretty! I really like your blog & have subscribed via RSS feed. You have so many things to like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. I love the simplicity of it.
    I have only just got my entry finished!! Quite a bit behind.
    I also really love the Cancer can't card you made for your friend. Very special.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad I found your blog! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julie,
    Just thought I would tell you that I enjoyed visiting your site. The card ideas are great. I am going to pass the site on to my sis and to my daughter.
    teresa from IL

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover