Basically, all you have to do is mist your velvet -- Place it face down on your backgrounder -- Cover with typing paper --- and then iron over your velvet using a Cotton/Rayon setting.
This is a really cool technique and I was dying to try it. Next time, I think I will try to find a piece of velvet that is 100% Rayon. Ellen suggested using this type to get the best results.
I was a little afraid of my rubber being damaged, but it looked perfectly fine when I was finished. The texture shows up much better on my ribbon in person. :) I used the same backgrounder to stamp the pink panel of my card.
This card is for one of my co-workers who just lost her father-in-law. He was more like a father to her (he even walked her down the isle)... so this has been really tough on her. I REALLY love the sentiments in this new set 'Friend Centers' (coming SOON from CHF). I am just so happy to have some stamps that say what I really feel. "With Sympathy" is from the new set 'Script Essential Expressions' -- and I love how they pair up so nicely with the "Centers" sets that are coming.
Stamps:
- Nature Silhouettes (the Kim Hughes Collection)
- Friends Centers (Mona Lisa Moments)
- Script Essential Expressions (Mona Lisa Moments)
Paper:
- Birchtone Dark; Blush Red Light Prismatic CS
- Cryogen White Prism paper
Ink:
- Colorbox Chalk inks
- Latte Adirondack ink by Ranger
Accessories:
- Cogsmo ribbon by Cosmo Cricket
- Fruit Punch Stickles
- Small corner rounder punch by EK Success
how pretty, Julie! I also love the idea of those sentiments - can't wait to see it all!
ReplyDelete