Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 21, 2007

You Make My World Go 'Round!

I wish you could see this card in person! I am really happy that it actually 'turned out' how I envisioned! :) Yeah! More about this in a second!

This is a card I made with some more stamps from Rubber Soul. (By the way - Make sure you post on the posting below to win a free stamp set!) The lion image is from THE CUTEST set of stamps called A Day At the Zoo. You can also get the stamp individually on a wood block, but once you check out the clear set, you'll fall in love with all of the little critters! And, if you can't see it from the pic, the sentiment reads "You make my world go 'round". As soon as I saw this sentiment, I knew exactly what I wanted to do!

This card is interactive! The lions and the wheel turn in a circle! Isn't this too fun!?! To make this work, I cut out three circles (2 smaller green ones and 1 larger blue one). I attached one green circle to the large blue circle by using dimensionals (or pop up dots). Then I placed the second green circle behind the blue circle. I placed a brad through all three layers. Finally, I adhered the 'hidden' circle to the card base. Ta da! (I hope you guys followed this!) :)

Now for some more details:
I wanted to make the green circle look like a 'gear'. To do this, I just used a paper punch and went around the outside of the circle, only punching half-circles. I added a little design to it by stamping with Papertrey's Border & Corners Circle set. I added paper piercing to both circles. The flower in the center is from American Crafts Greenhouse Felt Flowers collection.

The sentiment was punched out by using SU's large oval punch. I just love this punch! I use it all the time! :)

The patterned paper is from Rubber Soul's Hoop-La Collection. Actually, I also used this paper to make my circles. I love how all of their paper packs come with solid paper that coordinates with the patterned paper. Actually, one sheet of paper contains 4 color blocks. It's hard to explain, so if you want to see it, just click on the link. I'm a very visual person! :)

This was a really fun card to make! I think it's the first card I've made with moving parts! You should try it! :)

14 comments :

  1. Looks like you had fun making this one! It looks great! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your enthusiasm just shines Julie. This card brings out the very feeling that the Rubber Soul animals and papers are all about! Thanks for inspiring and teaching so many people, including me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gear idea is great Julie, and I love that the lions spin around the circle. Where did you get that awesome felt-looking orange flower? I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! Love the images and that it turns... what a great idea... TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors and of course, the whole idea. That had to be a lot of work, but, indicates your love for stamping

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an adorable card and I can't believe it even turns!! How fun is that? Love the cheery colors and that lion is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok I completely LOVE this card!!! It's fantastic!!!!! I am so gonna "try" to copy this (if that's ok with you of course) for my little nephew, he would LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, I wish I had your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That card is too cute! Such talent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Julie! Loev the sentiment with the little lions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is beautimous!!! This is my first time visiting your blog. I love your layouts. They are impactful and colorful! I don't even know where to begin with the card. WOW!!! TFS, I am totally adding your blog to my fav's.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this card- gonna have to try and make this one,.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool interactive card! Love the colors and the cute lion!! The felt flower is so pretty. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover